Mental Health Issues

Whether you have worries over who will take responsibility if you lose mental capacity in the future, or whether you would like to assist someone who no longer can make decisions by themselves, we are able to assist you.

Our expert team can advise you on the following:

Lasting Powers of Attorney

By making a Lasting Power of Attorney you can appoint an attorney to deal with your Property and Affairs or your Personal Welfare if at any time you were to lose your mental capacity.

Court of Protection applications

A Deputyship Order may be required for a person who lacks mental capacity and who has assets that need to be administered or decisions taken about their personal welfare. We can help prepare applications on behalf of prospective Deputies, liaise with the Court of Protection and assist the Deputies in managing their Deputyship appointment.

Enduring Power of Attorney

Enduring Powers of Attorney were replaced by Lasting Powers of Attorney in October 2007. Any documents created before this date remain valid and can be used by your named attorney(s) to assist you in relation to your property and affairs in the event that you were to lose mental capacity. We can assist you or your Attorney in registering your Enduring Power of Attorney with the Office of the Public Guardian.

For more information contact us today.

Key Contacts

James Phipps
Partner - Private Client Team
01256 377581
Private Client
Sue Squires
Associate Solicitor - Private Client Team
01256 305519
Private Client
Kerry Sawyer
Solicitor - Private Client Team
01256 305583
Private Client
Matthew Prater
Consultant - Private Client Team
01256 844888
Private Client